Click on the motor picture for larger view.
Wayne is checking the engine over
and making last minute adjustments to the carbs.
We took the plugs out and spun
the engine to make sure we had oil to the rockers.The engine turned over very slow.When we put the plugs back in and tried
starting the engine, it didn't budge.My first thought was we built the engine too tight.We had the power hooked up with
jumper cables and clip on wires and decided to mount a solenoid and use solid conections.Problem fixed.
The gauges mounted to montor
A vacumn gauge was used
to tune the carbs.The engine sounds and runs very well.Having run the engine several times it has to warm up before it will
idle and not shut off.Futher adjustments will have to be made on the chokes.The main objective was to be sure it will run
before setting the body on the frame.I ran 3 gallons of fuel through the engine and than ran the carbs dry.